Monday, May 9, 2011

Lemon Infused American Ale in bottles

I set aside 1.20 gallons of American Ale and dropped an entire lemon into the carboy for 2 weeks.  I peeled off strips of the lemon rind, then quartered the lemon before dropping it in.  After 2 weeks I tasted it, you could definitely taste the lemon, unlike the pear infused beer I tried earlier this spring.  In that batch I dropped two quartered and peeled red pears into the same amount of beer and the pear taste was subtle!

My impression was that the lemon flavor was too prevalent...  But we'll see what happens after priming sugar has been added and its had time to ferment.  I added a little extra priming sugar to give it a little more carbonation.  My thinking is that it'll make a great dog day summer afternoon beer..  Light, lemony, fizzy.  We'll see.  GottaBHot American Ale?

Cheers!
-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment