Monday, April 11, 2011

Speckled Heifer Batch #2

A few weeks ago I made a Spotted Cow clone from Northern Brewing, it tasted excellent!  It's a Partial Mash kit which gets me a step closer to all grain brewing, and it tasted nearly spot on, but I felt it was missing a citrus element.  So, I'm trying a second batch to see if I can't nail down the addition of a 'citrus element' to a beer.  The guys at Northern (always very, very helpful) recommended an additional 1/2 oz Saaz hop with 30 minutes left in the boil in addition to the 1 oz of Cluster hops in the original recipe.  We'll see how it worked in 4-5 weeks.  Also, I am planning on pulling off 1 gallon as an experiment batch, and letting it ferment in a few lemon peels...  You know, just to see what happens.

Cheers,
-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment