Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pear Infused Sinistral Warrior IPA


I love the 3 gallon carboy!  I've been pulling 1 gallon off of my original batches and putting it in this little guy so I can have some fun with it.  I put 2 peeled and quartered red pears into this 2nd fermentation for 10 days.  I was SURE it was going to be very parry, but it wasn't!  It tasted excellent prior to bottling.  Tonight I tried it for the first time, I expected great things, but was very disappointed with the taste.
It's waaaayyyy too sweet!  I don't know what went wrong, but I think it's too much priming sugar.  I followed the priming calculators, and added 8.5 oz's of priming sugar to 1 gallon of beer.  I think it's way too much!  This is yet another reason for kegging.  It'll taste like it did going in once it's carbonated!  Who knows, maybe if I let it sit a little longer...  Too bad, I had such high hopes!  Oh well, I have to try this again...

No comments:

Post a Comment