Friday, April 8, 2011

Welcome to the Union Brewing Blog!

Taking it to the web... I keep playing with electronic media, trying to figure out the best way to document and track my brewing adventures.  A blog seems to make the most sense.  My goal with this blog is to document all things beer.  I've spent hours scouring the web for advice, experiences and  research on all aspects of beer brewing, from equiptment to Barley seeds.  Truth is, the amount of information on the web is staggering!  My wife and I joke frequently that 'there is no reason not to know' anymore.  Information is availalbe at lightning speed and I have gained an enormous amount of information from fellow brewers out there, without their blogs, I wouldn't have nearly the info I have today.  Simply put, the internet is awesome! 

I might not have started this blog, but I'm going to run two experiments this year that others might be interested in. 
When I researched growing all my own grains and hops for a batch of beer, I found just a handful of site/discussions about it, but no one (that I found), gave a throughough account of the process...  I hope to do just that.  Stay Tuned.

Also, I'll be brewing a batch of beer that will be done entirely outdoors.  It'll be brewed, fermented (stored), and bottled outdoors. Should be fun and interesting! 

I hope you enjoy the information/updates posted in this blog as much as I enjoy experiencing my adventures!

Relaxe, Don't Worry, Have A Homebrew!
-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment